Tricia tagged me to list 8 random facts -- I'm not sure I can actually come up with more, but here we go (I hope I didn't repeat myself):
1. I greatly dislike going barefoot or walking around in my stocking feet. In the house I wear slippers, and outside I always wear some kind of shoe. I don't even like walking on the sand at the beach.
2. I am completely clueless when it comes to popular music. The only thing I listen to on the radio is NPR.
3. I have never tried to water ski or downhill ski. I went cross country skiing once, but fell a lot.
4. I grew up in a household with a lot of pets -- at one time 45 cats and 15 dogs -- many of which were in the house.
5. In my mid twenties I lived in a neighborhood that was very poor and was home to a lot of gang activity. I lived in a house that had been made into 20 apartments, and only 3 of us had a phone. Even though I was the only caucasian person living in the building (and one of few English speakers), I never really felt odd. The young are a lot more adventurous, aren't they?
6. I read a LOT of magazines. Working in a library, I have access to 100+ and read one every day at lunch or dinner.
7. I have nieces and nephews ranging in age from two weeks to twenty-five years old -- big age range! My dh has a sib who is still planning to have kids too, so the range will get even bigger.
8. I'm lucky. I once won $2500 in a grocery bingo game, and won $500 in a church raffle a few years ago. I don't buy lottery tickets though.
Half Marathon Training Update
1 week ago