Thursday, November 15, 2007

Learning From the Past

It is time, once again, for my annual scrapbooking weekend. As you probably do not recall (but I unfortunately recall all too well), last year's weekend started off well but spiraled into feeling sick and crummy after trying to supplant sleep with food. This year will be different! I solemnly swear that I will:
  • not overeat at meals
  • not mindlessly munch on the copious offerings on the groaning table of snacks that is readily available 24 hours a day
  • go to bed when I'm tired, even if it is only 9pm and I have only finished 3 pages since lunch
  • take a nap on Saturday if I need to
  • get up and go outside for a walk if I am restless and/or bored

I want this weekend to be FUN, as it used to be for me. I started going many years ago, and though it has always been somewhat stressful for me as far as food goes (because of the above-mentioned snacks, as well as not being in control of what was served us at mealtime), I almost always had a great time. Last year I felt rather miserable over my overeating and left right after breakfast on Sunday. This year I will relax, enjoy myself, and not leave until I HAVE to. I'll let you know on Monday how it went.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Look, Susan. I've just seen the pictures of you and your children, and you're all LOVELY. I can't imagine why you beat yourself up about your weight - well, that's not actually true because I've been the same for ever - but you have no need to. What a pretty person you are.

Have a great weekend.