Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Celebrate!

I saw Dr M yesterday, who was thrilled to tell me I had gained an entire inch of muscle on my leg since my last visit. What a difference PT has made!

I've been riding my bike -- trying for 3 times a week, 20-25 minutes on level 3, and the rest on level 2. Whoa, is my knee sore afterward. But I've been icing it and Dr M said to take Alieve to keep the swelling down. Today at PT I used the elliptical for the first time -- 5 min forward and 5 backward. My leg was really tired by the time I was done with everything. Hopefully that means more muscle building is going on!

My eating has been so-so. Still eating too much overall -- tight pants today. I had a mini-binge on Saturday night with a couple of frosted homemade brownies. I asked myself "what is it I want these brownies to do for me?" and the answer was to procrastinate putting the girls to bed. T was out playing bball. I knew I'd have to put them to bed no matter what, so I threw the rest of the brownies down the disposal (they weren't all that great anyway) and went upstairs.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Hello, just thought I'd drop by to say that I'm enjoying your blog. A lot of your thoughts are very familiar to me. It's a struggle, but you have a positive attitude and I'm rooting for you!

wife2abadge said...

Oh, thanks isabelle. It's always kind of weird to know someone has read what I've written! Are you in England?

Pam said...

No, I'm in Scotland - quite different. Or so we Scots like to think. Different accent, dialects, laws, education system, national dress - but still part of Britain.

wife2abadge said...

I'd love to see Scotland some day. I watch Monarch of the Glen on DVD -- cute show! DH and I are going to England and Spain at the end of April and to Ireland in September (my BIL is getting married in a castle there). It will be our first trip to Europe, so we're quite excited!