Tuesday, March 28, 2006

There would be a skip in my step today

There would be a skip in my step today -- if I could skip yet.

I went to PT this morning and had my hardest session ever -- almost a full hour. I went 11 minutes forward on the elliptical, 5 minutes backward, 6 minutes backward on the treadmill at an incline (more directly works the muscle on my leg that's the weakest apparently), and then half an hour of working my legs with the weights. Whew! I felt so good when I left. My knee is rather sore now, but I've been wearing a brace for the past few days and it really helps with the soreness.

I feel as though I'm really getting a handle on being able to pause and stop myself when I am tempted to reach for food when I'm not hungry. I've done it several times in the past couple of weeks. BUT my impulses have been mild. I haven't been hit with one of those strong, out of control needs to eat for a couple of weeks.I still eat too much at dinner, but I don't beat myself up over it. I know that's one of the last things to master. For the most part I don't eat over a 5 at breakfast or lunch, but probably eat to a 7 at dinner. Then I'm almost always tempted to eat more, but have been able to ask myself what it is I really need or want and then go do that.

No comments: