Friday, October 28, 2005

the big bet

T and I started a bet today, to end December 2. Whomever loses the largest percentage of body weight wins. The loser has to plan a date for us. I think we'll be winners no matter what, but he is so competitive this should be fun. I'll be happy if I lose 5 pounds, though it would be fabulous to lose more.

I've gained 12 pounds since my lowest weight after getting out of the hospital. I did so well with eating until I could get out of bed and walk again. Since then I somehow totally lost control of my emotional issues and I'm at my highest weight in 2 1/2 years! I need to lose 14 pounds to get to my lowest weight and I'd love to lose 20, just to see how I look. Somehow I don't know that I'd ever get that low, but I never thought I'd see 136 and I did it for my 40th birthday -- so you never know.

It's frustrating not being able to exercise much right now, so I'm really going to have to watch my portion sizes and try and eat extremely healthfully. I hopped on the exercise bike for 23 minutes this morning on level 2 -- that's as high as I can go without my knee hurting. I'll be able to go to Novacare this afternoon, so I'll ride their bike for 20 more minutes. I can usually do level 3 on theirs without pain, but I think I'll stick with 2. I don't want to overdo and be sorry tomorrow. My leg seems as though it's definitely getting stronger since my disastrous one-crutch experiment, so I can't take a chance on screwing it up again.

No comments: